We Install, Repair and Service ADA Compliant Automatic Doors, Opening Doors to New Customers
According to the Americans With Disabilities Act National Network at adata.org, people with disabilities are the largest and fastest-growing minority in the country. Physically disabled people control $1 trillion in total annual income. Like everyone else, they attend events and go on outings, and have friends, family members and business colleagues who accompany them. And, studies have shown, physically disabled people are highly loyal to businesses and facilities that are ADA accessible.
ADA compliant doors welcome everyone, are good for business, and, in most cases, are required by law. The ADA require all federal, state and local government agencies to provide access to their programs, goods and services. A wide variety of private businesses are also held to the same standard; those that are open or offer services to the general public – called “places of public accommodation” within ADA literature. Such “places of public accommodation”, as well as all government buildings, must by fully accessible to people with disabilities if constructed after January 26, 1992. For those structures built before that date, they must undertake activities that can be easily carried out, without significant expense, to “remove barriers” to physically disabled patrons. The federal government even offers tax incentives to private businesses who work to make their buildings more disability-friendly.
Business Owners Throughout The Philadelphia Area Know: Call Cypress Door & Glass About All ADA Compliant Automatic Doors Needs
Here at Cypress Door & Glass, we understand how a door is not just a door. It is the first glimpse – the first impression – customers will get of your business. Why not make your building’s front doors welcoming to everyone with ADA compliant automatic doors? It will no doubt attract an often-overlooked demographic, increasing sales and improving the public image of your business in general. And if you’re concerned about operating and maintaining ADA friendly doors, fear not! Our company has years of experience installing, servicing and repairing handicap accessible doors. And we maintain a 24-hour door and glass emergency repair hotline in case you should experience any problems with your ADA compliant automatic doors resulting from accident, vandalism or natural disasters.
So give us a call today!
Take a big step in the movement for more equal, more welcoming business spaces!
Curious About ADA Door Requirements? Here’s A General Breakdown Of Which Doors In A Building Should Be ADA Accessible
- At least one entrance door at each entrance (under current ADA law, at least 60% of public entrances in newly built facilities must be accessible to individuals who use wheelchairs or have mobility impairments).
- At least one entrance to rooms and spaces within buildings.
- At least one entrance to tenant spaces in a mall or other building with multiple business tenants.
- At least one entrance to buildings from all parking structures, tunnels or elevated walkways.
- At least one entrance along a building’s required route of escape or evacuation.
- At least one restricted or secured entrance, if applicable.
- At least one public entrance serving different fixed routes within transit facilities.
With Philadelphia getting more ADA Accessibility via Taxi Service, it’s time to make sure your business is compliant.