A Customer Entrance for the 21st Century
Automatic door sensors – a technology that at first seemed like science fiction to the first audience of Star Wars 40 years ago has now become commonplace for thriving businesses in the new millennium. Industrial tech companies have pioneered low profile, low cost and high-functionality door sensors that rival anything out of George Lucas’ space odyssey. And studies have shown storefront appeal, customer satisfaction and safety increase with fully automated door entry systems.
Our technicians here at Cypress Door & Glass LLC specialize in installing, maintaining and repairing automatic door sensors. Our company is a Philadelphia leader in commercial automatic door repair and installation. We understand that business owners can be overwhelmed by the complexity of modern automatic door sensors, but we are here to help, and to make sure our clients get the simplest interface possible at the most reasonable price.
Automatic Door Sensors; Radar Sensors vs. Infra-Red Detectors vs. Light Beams
Automatic door sensors come in different shapes and sizes. Here is a simple breakdown of the different optical technologies at work:
- Radar Movement Sensors: Radar movement sensors detect people in a fixed area using low-power radar. Many industry professionals find it the ideal technology for opening activators for automatic doors. Radar sensors have adjustable sensitivity.
- Passive Infrared Movement Sensors: After a short calibration period, passive infra-red movement sensors memorize the infra-red image they detect in the range for which they are configured. The sensor creates an electrical signal when the thermal image changes.
- Active Infrared Movement Sensors: Infra-red detectors consist of a transmitter and at minimum two receiver chips with high-performance optics. The receiver is able to recognize whether the infra-red light emitted by the transmitter is being reflected back by a person or object inside or outside of the scanning zone. In the cases of modular construction systems, several infra-red beams can be allocated to different defined areas.
- Light Beams: Light beams are opto-electronic sensors that detect objects or persons using a beam of light. The sensors react to any interruption between the light transmitter and receiver, creating a defined electric output signal. These sensors are advantageous in adverse weather conditions, and rarely encounter problems with reflective objects.
Check Out this PDF by Assa Abloy on the different types of settings and uses for their sensors.
Who We Work With; What We Install
As a Philadelphia leader in commercial automatic door repair, we are a certified distributor for Tormax Automatic Doors, Ditec/Entrematic and ASSA ABLOY. Located in Malvern, PA, we install and maintain automatic door sensors in the entire Philadelphia metropolitan area. We service Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania, as well as New Castle County in Delaware for all commercial automatic door repairs and door installations. If you are are in need of automatic door repair or have questions about installing automatic door sensors in your building, give us a call today at (800) 208-3681!
Tormax: a top quality and affordable storefront automatic door manufacturer based in San Antonio, Texas. They supply everything from:
- automatic entrance systems
- door sensors
- swing door operators
- smoke rated door
- fire rated doors
- telescoping automatic sliding doors
- revolving doors and custom doors
Ditec/Entrematic is a leader in entrance automation systems. As the company states on its website, “thanks to the high level of quality, constant innovation and the complete range, we are able to meet every kind of request, from a simple residential gate to integrated systems for commercial complexes and industrial sites.” Products made under the Ditec trademark are used in transport hubs and stations, logistical sites, villas and condos, shopping centers, hospitals, healthcare facilities and more.
ASSA ABLOY is a manufacturing company providing door opening solutions that are safe, secure and convenient. It is presently in more than 70 countries and has a market leading position in areas such as mechanical and electromechanical locking, access control, identification technology, entrance automation and hotel security.